Animal and Plant Health Agency. Abierta hasta el 24 de julio de 2020.
1. Developing and applying bioinformatic methods to analysis short- and long-read sequencing technologies to support research activities within ARDIG and Full-Force (onehealthejp.eu/jrp-ardig/ and onehealthejp.eu/jrp-full-force/) at APHA.
2. The post-holder will lead scientific research, using bioinformatics (sequencing) approaches, to characterise the dynamics of antibiotic resistance (AMR) within livestock and the farm environment, as well as evaluating the contribution of mobile genetic elements to the dissemination of AMR.
3. They will employ bioinformatics tools to characterise specific genes (including AMR/virulence genes), mobile genetic elements, pan-genomes, as well as phylogenetic relationships of up to ~1000 isolates.
4. The post-holder is likely have project or work package management responsibilities within ARDIG and Full-Force, and will be required to meet targets for delivery of work, project milestones and publications. They will be required to liaise closely with line managers/project leaders to help meet these deadlines.
5. They will lead dissemination of research results through peer-reviewed scientific publications and presentations.
6. They will help develop and manage junior scientists, especially in technical aspects, as part of a matrix management system to enable delivery of project work, and undertaking advisory, training, and reporting duties associated with line management of staff and students (e.g. MSc and PhD).
7. They will liaise/collaborate with researchers within the agency and at external organisations (e.g. collaborating institutes, Public Sector Research Establishments and Universities).
8. They will help maintain a safe working environment working to safety regulations and quality systems within the laboratory including maintenance of ISO9001:2015
9. They will contribute to ideas and in drafting of concept notes, research, and other proposals.
10. They will liaise with co-workers to ensure maintenance of an emergency response capability for molecular characterisation of isolates from a wide range of animals including livestock found in different environments (e.g. farm premises and hatcheries).
More information in thins www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1679017&csource=csalerts'>website.