Requirements & ResponsabilitiesRole:
- Monitor and analysis of ongoing and emerging EU issues and legislation that impact veterinary matters or the veterinary profession
- Support the implementation of FVE activities and objectives
- Assist in preparation FVE meetings, webinars and conferences
- Assist the team in gathering and maintaining up-to-date information, drafting position papers, conducting background research
- Support the team by preparing background briefs and other materials (presentations, evaluations, minutes etc.) for meetings and events that are clear, concise and relevant for policy makers
- Participating in discussions, working groups and committees in the field of EU veterinary matters
- Support FVE’s communication efforts (e.g. website, social media, newsletters) to promote the work our Federation and the veterinary profession in general for society does.
- Veterinary degree from an ESEVT accredited veterinary school
- Eligible and willing to work in Brussels, Belgium
- Have excellent command of written and spoken English (native or equivalent). Mastery of another EU language (German or Spanish in particular) is a strong plus;
- Work experience in EU or veterinary policy making would be a strong plus;
- Interest for animal welfare, public health and One Health developments;
- Ability to turn complex, technical information into concise, simple messages;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Robust drafting abilities;
- Positive and problem-solving attitude;
- Willingness to learn fast and juggle between numerous tasks;
- Teamplayer, proactively offering help and new ideas to more senior team members;
- Willing to travel
- Strong computer skills (MS office software, WordPress, Desktop publishing software, etc).
Applications and more info at this website.