Duración: 2 years - renewable for an unlimited number of times according to performance
Características: You will participate in the collection, verification and dissemination of animal health information provided by Member and non-member countries to the OIE through its online data collection system, the World Animal Health Information System (WAHIS). In particular, you will be responsible for providing a follow-up of the epidemiological data collected and delivering advanced epidemiological analysis of extracted data, as well as participating in capacity-building activities on disease notification and contributing to the improvement of the WAHIS interface.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, with at least 5 years' experience in conducting advanced epidemiological analysis
• Master's degree or PhD in epidemiology, statistics or public health
• Work experience with the National Veterinary Services will be considered an asset
• Additional degree in aquatic animal health, wildlife health, epidemiology or public health will be considered an asset
• Excellent knowledge of English is required and good knowledge of Spanish or French will be considered an asset
• Good computer skills, especially in geographical information systems (e.g. QGis), database management systems (e.g. Microsoft Access), statistical software (e.g. R)
• Proficiency in SQL language will be considered an asset.
This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately. If you are interested in the position, complete your application online by 19 July 2017 at the latest by clicking on the link